Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: adding on to model 19

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member les winter's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2009
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    adding on to model 19

    I built a pair of model 19 clones and am well satisfied. They are tri-amped with shaping networks for the horns off the model 19 passive xovers. I use air-suspension 12" subwoofers below 50hz.

    Here is my question. Has anyone put an additional pair of 416's in an additional enclosure on top the 19's? Sort of like an mtm?

    thanks
    Les

  2. #2
    HB Super Moderator
    adding on to model 19


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,261
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: adding on to model 19

    Hey Les, I have a pair of Klipsch Cornwall II's on top of my 19's and I flipped them upside down so the tweeter was close to the H811 to give it a MTM config.And I kinda like the sound as the HF's are right at ear level. So has a great blend IMO.I just wanted to try that Configuration as I was trying to decide what and how to setup my speakers for my new project.That is really preference related so I would suggest trying it first.

    Good Luck with It !! :2thumbsup:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.